Pain In The Foot – When To See A Foot Specialist

Foot pain can be brought on by a number of causes, injuries or underlying conditions, and many people are unsure when they may need to visit a Foot Specialist, Podiatrist or Chiropodist.

When Should I See A Foot Specialist?

The foot and the ankle are critical structures in the body, with important roles in maintaining healthy mobility and quality of life. Podiatric care identifies problems occurring in the foot and ankle, which can sometimes have an effect on other parts of the body. Because of the many varying problems that can cause pain in the foot, it can sometimes be difficult to know when it would be best to seek medical attention from a specialist podiatrist of chiropodist.

We have outlined indicators below, that may suggest your foot pain requires professional advice and treatment of foot problems from a qualified podiatrist:

  • Foot or ankle pain is interfering with daily activities
  • Pain worsens with movement
  • Desired activities cannot be carried out without pain
  • Foot Deformity, misshape or severe swelling in the foot
  • Loss of function in the foot, ankle or surrounding area
  • Change in skin colour or nail colour
  • Changes in sensation – for example can no longer feel heat from a hot surface
  • Foot is tender to touch
  • Heat in the painful area of the foot
  • Change in walking or running due to pain

To view the foot conditions that we can treat at our specialist Redditch, Droitwich and Evesham Foot Care Clinics and for further information on how our Podiatry treatments can help you, please click here.

Finding The Best Foot Treatment – Talking To A Podiatrist

At The Foot Care Group, we offers a full, comprehensive range of dedicated services, carried out by fully trained podiatrists. We specialise in the prevention and treatment of various foot problems including foot pain, nail problems, skin defects and many more. To see the full list of common foot problems please click here.

If you are experiencing foot pain, no matter how mild or intrusive, our qualified Chiropodists are on hand to help. When arranging a visit to see your Foot Specialist, here are a few questions you may wish to consider asking during your appointment:

  • Will my foot pain prevent me from doing any daily activities?
  • My job requires a lot of standing, which orthotics would benefit me the most?
  • Should I consider changing my diet? If so, what foods would be most beneficial for me?
  • Which warm-up exercises would be best, considering the pain I am experiencing?
  • Are there specific cool-down exercises I could try, to prevent further damage or pain to the foot?
  • Is the pain being caused by an underlying foot condition?
  • Are there better footwear options for me?

Our specifically designed foot care treatments are available at our Droitwich, Redditch and Evesham Clinics. For further information on how our Foot Specialists can help you, please do not hesitate to contact us, to arrange a free 15-minute assessment.